San Antonio Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney:
If you are inundated with debts and are constantly being harassed by creditors and collection agencies, one solution that may be available to you is the Chapter 13 bankruptcy payment plan. Chapter 13 provides relief to those who have a steady and regular source of income. Under Chapter 13, a debtor may keep their property and pay the debts that they owe over a period of three to five years. One of the great benefits of Chapter 13 is that under this plan, regularly scheduled consolidated payments are made to the trustee, who distributes the funds directly to creditors so you won’t have to make individual payments. The bankruptcy attorneys at Fears Nachawati offer a free case review to discuss your particular bankruptcy options. To schedule your confidential case review, call our San Antonio office at 866-250-3002.
Benefits of a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy:
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is especially suited to those who have a regular, steady source of income. That is one reason why Chapter 13 is often referred to as the “wage earner’s plan.” Chapter 13 benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cure arrearages on your secured debts
- Keep your automobile and avoid lenders from seizing or repossessing it
- Home foreclosure proceedings may be halted by establishing a mortgage repayment plan that will give you three to five years to pay arrearages
- An automatic stay will go into effect the second your petition is filed
- The automatic stay will immediately cease all collection and foreclosure actions
- Secured debt payments can be rescheduled and extended over the three to five years
- Third party signees (co-signers) may be protected from consumer debts
- Creditors are no longer permitted to contact you – all harassment activity must end
- Other – ask your attorney
Contact a San Antonio Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney for a Free Case Review:
With the economy in its present condition, many families are overwhelmed with debt that they simply are unable to pay. Hardest hit are honest families who pride themselves on paying their bills on time. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding can help you get back on your feet while you make regularly scheduled payments to creditors. Creditor harassment will be put to an end and you will have the peace of mind you need to go on in your life. Fears Nachawati offers a complimentary, no-obligation case review, which can be conducted by phone or in person at their San Antonio office. You may arrange this by calling Fears Nachawati, Attorneys and Counselors at Law, at 866-259-3002.