Austin Credit Card Debt Attorney:
Because of the state of today’s economy, many people have been forced to rely upon their credit cards for many of their essential day-to-day needs. Dwindling incomes and increasing unemployment rates have added to the financial difficulties of many Americans. As you no doubt well know, credit card debt greatly increases every month due to the unreasonably high interest rates and penalties that these companies charge. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing will normally result in the discharge of all unsecured credit card debts. Additionally, creditors will no longer be permitted to contact and harass you in their collection efforts. The Fears Nachawati Law Firm offers a complimentary, confidential case review with an experienced and qualified Texas bankruptcy lawyer. There is no fee for this consultation and there are no obligations involved. To schedule your free case review, call Fears Nachawati in Austin at 866-259-3002.
All Credit Card Collection Attempts Are Prohibited by the Automatic Stay:
One of the most significant benefits of filing for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the automatic stay. This is the bankruptcy court order that takes effect immediately upon your Chapter 7 filing. The automatic stay was designed to give debtors relief from the constant harassment of creditors and collection agencies that usually coincides with credit card debt. With the automatic stay:
- Creditors are legally prohibited from contacting you for collection attempts of any kind.
- Creditors are also legally prohibited from contacting your employer and place of employment in their collection efforts.
- Any lawsuit initiated by creditors will be halted by the Federal Bankruptcy Court.
- Your creditors will be referred to your bankruptcy attorney, who will represent you in all collection efforts from this time forward throughout the Chapter 7 proceeding.
- The automatic stay will prohibit reporting during this time to credit bureaus.
- In other words, the automatic stay will help you attain peace of mind.
Contact an Austin Credit Card Debt Attorney for a Free Case Evaluation:
Fears Nachawati is a highly respected Texas bankruptcy law firm with offices throughout the state, including Austin. The lawyers at Fears Nachawati have helped thousands of Texans obtain debt relief – and a new start in life. Fears Nachawati offers a free case review where you will have the opportunity to meet with a highly qualified bankruptcy attorney to discuss your particular case. The Fears Nachawati attorney will then offer you advice regarding your case. If a Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding is a viable option to discharge your credit card debt, you will be so advised. It will be up to you to decide whether or not to proceed. The consultation is absolutely free and there are no conditions attached. To schedule your complimentary case review, call the Fears Nachawati Law Firm at 866-259-3002.